Policy and Planning Manager - ANZSCO 132411
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates policy advice and strategic planning within an organisation.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Public Policy Manager
- Corporate Planning Manager
- Strategic Planning Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated base salary of less than AUD90,000.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 1324 Policy and Planning Managers
- plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate policy advice and strategic planning within organisations.
- developing, implementing and monitoring strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards
- developing, implementing, administering and participating in policy research and analysis
- coordinating the implementation of policies and practices
- establishing activity measures and measurements of accountability
- overseeing and participating in the development of policy documents and reports
- consulting with and providing expert advice to government officials and board members on policy, program and legislative issues
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group