Cafe or Restaurant Manager - ANZSCO 141111
Organises and controls the operations of a cafe, restaurant or related establishment to provide dining and catering services.
Fast Food Managers (Aus)/ Quick Service Restaurant Managers (NZ) are excluded from this occupation. Fast Food Managers (Aus) and Quick Service Restaurant Managers (NZ) are included in Occupation 142111 Retail Manager (General)
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Bistro Manager
- Canteen Manager
- Internet Cafe Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is in a limited service restaurant.
Group: 1411 Cafe and Restaurant Managers
- organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group