Retail Manager (General) - ANZSCO 142111
Organises and controls the operations of a retail trading establishment.
Retail Pharmacists are excluded from this occupation. Retail Pharmacists are included in Unit Group 2515 Pharmacists, in Occupation 251513 Retail Pharmacist.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Retail Store Manager
- Shop Manager
- Fast Food Manager
- Retail Bakery Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 1421 Retail Managers
- organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
- determining product mix, stock levels and service standards
- formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
- promoting and advertising the establishment's goods and services
- selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- undertaking budgeting for the establishment
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.