Corporate Treasurer - ANZSCO 221212
- Manages corporate funding, liquidity and financial risk associated with the profitable development and operation of an organisation. May be involved in acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Financial Risk Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2212 Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers
- conduct audits of accounting systems, procedures and financial statements, manage corporate funding and financial risk, and administer and review corporate compliance activities.
- arranging, giving notice of and attending meetings of directors and shareholders
- advising organisations' governing boards on matters concerning compliance with stock exchange listing rules, relevant legislation and corporation practice
- supervising organisations' share capital by preparing documents and share issues, and handling share transfers
- controlling treasury and treasury systems and establishing and reviewing risk management objectives and treasury policies
- identifying, managing and reporting on financial risks
- assisting with equity management, debt management, securities and taxation planning issues
- collecting, analysing and interpreting information on the financial standing, cost structures and trading effectiveness of organisations
- devising, re-organising and establishing budgetary cost control and other accounting systems such as computer-based systems
- conducting audits and investigations and preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- evaluating the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems
- reporting to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- establishing audit objectives, and designing and implementing audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Corporate Treasurers and Company Secretaries, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group