Conservation Officer - ANZSCO 234311
- Develops and implements programs and regulations for the protection of fish, wildlife and other natural resources.
- Skill Level
- Landcare Facilitator (Aus)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 2343 Environmental Scientists
- study, develop, implement and advise on policies and plans for managing and protecting the environment, flora, fauna and other natural resources.
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).