Metallurgical or Materials Technician - ANZSCO 312912
- Tests materials as part of mineral and metal processing and refining, or for research into metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials in support of Metallurgists and Materials Engineers. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Dye Penetrant Testing Technician
- Heat Treatment Technician
- Magnetic Testing Technician
- Metallurgy Laboratory Technician
- Non-destructive Testing Technician
- Petroleum Products Laboratory Technician
- Petroleum Refinery Laboratory Technician
- Pressure Testing Technician
- Ultrasound Technician
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3129 Other Building and Engineering Technicians
This unit group covers Building and Engineering Technicians not elsewhere classified.
It includes Maintenance Planners, Metallurgical or Materials Technicians, and Mine Deputies.
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.