Electrical Linesworker (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (NZ) - ANZSCO 342211
- Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Electrical Linesworker (Distribution) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Distribution) (NZ)
- Electrical Linesworker (Transmission) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Transmission) (NZ)
- Railway Traction Line Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
TSS, ENS - The position has a nominated base salary of less than AUD90,000.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3422 Electrical Distribution Trades Workers
- prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
- installing conductors and aerial equipment, and underground cables and equipment
- installing and maintaining equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attending to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- maintaining poles and associated hardware, and continuity of electrical supply and street lighting
- conducting routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply network
- conducting low-voltage switching operations
- fitting pole hardware and crossarms
- preparing low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- using heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue meter installation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group