Electronic Equipment Trades Worker - ANZSCO 342313
- Installs, maintains and repairs electronic equipment and systems such as audio and visual reproduction equipment, home entertainment systems, computers and electronic security systems.
- Skill Level
- Audiovisual Technician
- Fire Alarm Technician
- Home Theatre Technician
- Security Technician
- Video Technician
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3423 Electronics Trades Workers
- maintain, adjust and repair electronic equipment such as business machines, video and audio equipment, and electronic instruments and control systems, and transmit and receive radio messages.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.