Greenkeeper - ANZSCO 362311
- Establishes and maintains fine turf, grassed areas and synthetic surfaces used for sporting events.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Turf Keeper
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 3623 Greenkeepers
- establish and maintain fine turf, grassed areas and synthetic surfaces used for sporting events.
- preparing seedbeds for new turf
- establishing and maintaining turf by watering, over sowing or over seeding, and repairing green damage
- mowing, rolling and levelling turf
- pegging and marking out lines and logos, installing nets, posts and stumps, and placing other sports equipment on playing areas
- operating and maintaining hand and power driven equipment such as mowers, aerators, cultivators, corers and line marking equipment
- constructing cricket wickets, tennis courts, and bowling, croquet and golf greens
- replanting, repairing, aerating, fertilising and top dressing lawns
- installing and maintaining synthetic surfaces
- may maintain buildings, fences and surrounding gardens
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group