Jockey - ANZSCO 452413
- Rides horses in competitive races, race trials, and in exercise. This occupation requires high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Apprentice Jockey
- Steeplechase Jockey
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS - The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 4524 Sportspersons
- participate in sporting events for monetary gain either as individuals or as members of a team.
- maintaining a high degree of expertise in a particular sport
- attending regular practice sessions and undertaking private training to maintain the required standard of fitness
- deciding on strategies in consultation with coaches
- assessing other competitors and conditions at venues
- competing in sporting events
- adhering to the rules and regulations associated with a specific sport
- promoting water safety awareness and undertaking rescue of persons in difficulty in the water
- undertaking sports promotional activities and television appearances
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Some occupations may require high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group