Labour agreements are individually negotiated between the employer and the Department of Immigration and can be used to sponsor employees for:
Advantages of Labour Agreements
The main advantages of labour agreements over the standard application pathways are:
- It is possible to sponsor for a wider range of occupations under a labour agreement
- Concessions can be negotiated on skill level, English language ability and salary level
- Businesses offering labour hire services must have a labour agreement to sponsor employees
Types of Labour Agreements
There are a number of different types of labour agreements:
- Template Agreements: these apply to certain industries
- Regional Migration Agreements: these are negotiated to cover a certain locality
- Enterprise Migration Agreements: for large-scale resource projects
Labour agreements require high-level negotiations with the Department of Immigration and may take 9 months or more to finalise where there is no template available.
Due to the high level of complexity, labour agreements are only recommended where a large number of workers is to be sponsored.
Acacia has expertise liaising with the Department of Immigration at the highest level - please call us on +61 2 9230 0888 if you would like our assistance in obtaining a Labour Agreement.