Skilled Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 VisasThe Skilled - Recognised Graduate subclass 476 visa is an 18-month work visa for recent engineering graduates. It is a good way to work in Australia to improve your chances of becoming eligible for a permanent or provisional skilled visa.
CriteriaThe main criteria are as follows
AgeThe main applicant must be under 31 at the date of lodgement.
EnglishYou must provide evidence of your English language ability at date of lodgement by showing one of the following:
- Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand; or
- IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or
- Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or
- Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading, and at least 14 in Writing and Speaking; or
- Cambridge (CAE): 169 overall average with at least 154 in each band.
QualificationsYou must have completed a qualification at most 2 years prior to lodgement. The qualification must be:
- In the engineering field
- At the bachelor level or higher
- Completed at an institution which offers courses accredited through the Washington Accord, or an institution specified by Immigration.
Points TestThe Recognised Graduate subclass 476 visa is not points-tested.
Do I Apply in Australia or Overseas?Unless the main applicant is an NZ citizen, all applicants must be outside Australia when the visa application is granted. You can be in Australia when the application is lodged, but must depart Australia for visa grant. As a result, no bridging visa is issued in general.
Including Family MembersYou can include the following types of family members in your application:
- Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
- Dependent children
If you already hold a 476 visa, you can apply for family members to join you in Australia on 485 visas.