Standard Business Sponsorship
In order to sponsor employees for the Subclass 482 TSS visa and the new Subclass 494 Regional visa, businesses need to be approved as a Standard Business Sponsor.
Standard Business Sponsorship Requirements
To obtain this approval, there are a number of important hurdles which must be met:
- There is a properly established business structure - such as a company, trust, partnership or registered business name;
- The business must be actively and lawfully operating - in Australia or overseas
- The business must be in a sound financial position
Sponsorship Period of Validity
Once obtained Sponsorship approval is valid for 5 years, with no limitations on the number of nominations that can be lodged. SBS holders are subject to a number of Sponsorship Obligations, including reporting, record-keeping, and notification requirements.
Many businesses struggle to obtain approval as a standard business sponsor - issues can be encountered where:
- The business is a startup or has only recently been established
- A large number of overseas employees are already working for the business
- The business has operating losses or has a weak balance sheet
Acacia Immigration has a long track record of assisting businesses to obtain approval for this critical part of the application process. We can advise you on which documents are needed to get your business approved as a sponsor - meaning you receive your approval much quicker and with less effort and stress.